We have also collected a variety of different medical resources which can help you make informed decisions about your health. Click on the links to take you to these external sites.
- My Doctor – Information on medicines and treatments for specific diseases and conditions. Also contains a database of consumer medicines (medicines and treatments) with information for prescription and over the counter medicines.
- NPS (National Prescribing Service) – Medicines information for everyone, helping you to make better decisions about your medicines and any medical tests you may need.
- My Hospitals – Information about bed numbers, patient admissions and hospital accreditation, as well as the types of specialised services each hospital provides.
- Lab Tests Online Australasia – Specifically designed for the Australian healthcare consumer. You can search for information about tests, for information about conditions and diseases and read about many other aspects of laboratory testing.
General Health Directories
- Health Direct – The Australian Federal Government’s health portal which provides you with safe, practical health information and advice you can act on.
- National Health Services Directory – allows you to search for local health services such as GPs, Pharmacies, Hospitals and Emergency Departments, Audiologists, Physiotherapists, Dentists, Counsellors, Dieticians and more.
- Public Health SA – A South Australian government public and environmental health resource with information about; food safety, immunisation, communicable disease, infection control, drugs and poison
- ABC Health & Wellbeing – is a health gateway with comprehensive evidence-based articles, and consumer guides.
- Better Health Channel – This is a Victorian Government website which aims to help you stay healthy or understand and manage your health and medical conditions.
- Beyond Blue – is provided by the Commonwealth, State and Territory governments to increase the capacity of the broader Australian community to prevent depression and respond effectively to it.
- eMHprac – (E-Mental Health in Practice) an online service that provides access to mental health information and support.
Children’s Health & Immunisation
- Child and Youth Health – supports South Australian families through a range of services aimed at enhancing the health and development of children and young people.
- Immunise Australia Program – Communicates information about immunisations to the general public. Includes information about diseases that the vaccine program funds, disease-related publications for consumers and schedule of immunisations
Blood & Organ Donation
- The Australian Red Cross Blood Service – This service collects blood from persons eligible to donate. Go to the Donate Blood community website for information about blood donor eligibility and the collection process.
- Organ Donation (Medicare Australia) – Information about the process to register your consent to become an organ donor and more information on the Australian Organ Donor Register.
- Smart Traveller – Travel Health information provides travel tips and health information to help you prepare for a safe and health journey.
- Travel Clinics Australia – An extensive collection of vaccine information sorted by country.
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – A US Government site which provides credible, reliable health information on diseases and conditions, environmental health, healthy living, injury, violence and safety, life stages and specific populations.
- Medicine Plus – The US National Institutes of Health’s web site for patients and their families and friends. It brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand and offers reliable, up to date health information.
- NHS Choices – is a comprehensive United Kingdom information service which provides information about health conditions, healthy living and health news. It is intended to help you make choices about your health and lifestyle, such as smoking, drinking and exercise.